Things to bring
A few things are essential for a comfortable stay on Ilha Grande.
Don't forget to pack:
- beach sarong/towel (a light cotton sarong is better than a towel)
- insect repellent
- sun screen 50+
- comfortable walking shoes
- sturdy walking sandals with velcro straps
- flip flops
- waterproof jacket
- small day backpack for hiking.
- warm pullover/sweatshirt (May - October)
- head lantern/torch
- hand held torch
- ear plugs - Brazilian music may be heard at any time of day or night!
- rechargeable batteries or spare batteries
- power adapters for South America (110 W & 220W)
- fold up umbrella
The village of Abraao has 6 mini supermarkets, 3 bakeries, a pharmacy, holiday clothing shops, and a number of shops in which you will find a surprising array of useful things! Remember, there are no banks or ATM's on Ilha Grande so it's a good idea to bring sufficient cash to cover small purchases. All shops, tour agencies and restaurants accept VISA, MasterCard, Amex credit cards.